Top Hat Studios has announced that they will be releasing Thief’s Roulette, a choice-based puzzle game in the fashion of Danganronpa and the Zero Escape series, for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and PC.
After their crowdfunded Kickstarter in October 2018, the studio had raised $13,887 USD (surpassing their goal of $10,000 USD) through pledges to fund the game’s development.
Originally, they intended to release on PC and the Nintendo Switch, but the additional funds have allowed the game to reach other platforms.
On September 28, 2018, Top Hat Studios released a second trailer showcasing some game footage.
According to the team, a demo of Theif’s Roulette will be arriving “soon.” They plan on releasing the full game this spring.
If you are interested about learning more, here is an overview of the game provided by Top Hat Studio’s website.
A Puzzling Thriller for all platforms, inspired by the Danganronpa and Zero Escape game series.
About The Game:
Thief’s Roulette is a Choice Driven Puzzle game inspired by the Danganronpa and Zero Escape game series. The game is being developed for Nintendo Switch and PC. Thief’s Roulette takes the narrative heavy design of Visual Novels and combines it with immersive, first person Puzzle gameplay to create a unique gaming experience. Thief’s Roulette hopes to take the player on a journey through betrayal, deception, and trust. Player freedom through choices, building alliances or creating rivals will be the driving force of the game.
Thief’s Roulette takes place in a far off future Earth, where people are no strangers to android life, body augmentation or any of the other concepts of a high-tech society. Our characters live with it every day, to them its the way things have always been. That is simply the world they inhabit, and it all takes a back seat to the terrible events that the characters must face.
- A gripping story of deception. Who you choose to align with may either lead to your death or your survival.
- Heavy Player Choices that can alter the path of the Story.
- Multiple Endings
- Immersive and Intricate Puzzles to Solve.
- A Natural approach to Difficulty: Any time during a Puzzle, you may ask your teammates for help. Players who want to take on the challenge with no clues can simply not ask for assistance.
- Fully explorable 3D Environments and VN Style Artwork.
- A cast of unique characters with their own goals and personalities. Some are only out for themselves, others may have your back when the time comes.
Below are screenshots listed on their Kickstarter page.